Thursday, March 17, 2016

My first knitting project.

My name is Michelle Hughes and I am a fiber addict lol really it is true.

Just after I had my first son I started knitting.
I was lucky that my Mom showed me some basic stitches when I was 14, you know like purl and knit.
By the time I wanted to get into knitting more my Mom had passed away from breast cancer and my son was now 5 years old.

Mind he was 5  and I also had a 3 year old son. To add to it I was pregnant with my 3rd son.
Just to help you all out I also had a 4th son. I was one lucky woman having 4 healthy boys.

Getting back to knitting, My first son was about to start school and at that time we lived in the UK.

He needed a uniform and I decided to knit his top for him. I had a little help from a friend and I purchased book on knitting stitches.

Getting the book helped me work out how to understand the quite complex top I was about to knit.

The top had a fold down collar and it crossed over in the front. I sure hope that makes sense.

It had taken me some time to complete the top for my son, but I had gotten it done before school started.

I had purchased another one for him so that I could pop one in the wash and have one for him to use.

Now imagine you are so pleased that you have created a sweater  for your 5 year old son and it fits. Oh yes it fitted very well. Only thing is he looked at me and said Mommy its the wrong shade of blue.
I think back to those times some 22 years ago and laugh on what a five year old could say. He wore the sweater not to school, but home.

I then knitted one for my 3 year old son and carried on with my new love of fiber.
Like I said by that point I was addicted to fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment