Thursday, March 31, 2016

Not computer smart omg

Computers came out when I was 14 so a long time ago. Everyone in the house is great with them .....me not so much lol.

So I write 2 blogs which I was supper impressed with being able to do and then I forget the password.

Yes it took me over a week to remember.

So maybe it was having chance to sit at my loom yesterday and get some weaving done.

It felt good and feels like forever since I had time to play at my loom. I say play as when taking the Master Weaver program you have a lot of homework in which to do and you are trying to make sure you get it right as well as done on time.

I heard back that I passed my level 3 master weaver. A very happy dance 94% I only lost 3 marks with my homework. 4 marks on my oral presentation. The one that brought my mark down was a quiz that we had done in class. 19 out of 30. I hate quizzes to say the least. I am sure I am ADD as well as mild dyslexic, but I am still proud of my mark.
I have booked in for level 4 which is in June in Olds College in Alberta.

As long as enough people pass and book in the class will be a go. So I have my fingers crossed that it is a go.

It has been a long 3 years doing homework and pushing myself. It has given me more understanding in weave structures and wanting to teach weaving, which I have started to do.

Most of all it has given me the tools in which to be able to pass on to others. I have just got my business licence and super excited to have my own business set up to be able to sell both weaving supplies and my products I weave. Along with classes I teach at in Birkeland Bros wool shop in Abbotsford, beginners class. which start in April

Classes I hope to be putting on soon at my place.

I will be teaching things  like dressing your loom back to front, Weave your own tea towels and biggest one will be weave your own baby wraps.
Which I will help you design your own wrap and then make the warp and get the loom ready for you to weave.

If you want to check me out on facebook I am Woven Dreams Fiber Arts Studio.  I welcome visitors and at the moment I have some of my work in a display in the Mission arts council building, as part of the Mission spinner and weavers guild which I am part of. I am also a guild member of Abbotsford guild.
I am also going to be selling Brassard weaving supplies. Just waiting to have my first order in.

So yes its all new and exciting and I cant wait to have everything ready. This week my business cards came in another happy dance. 
Right now I am low on supplies and trying to put warps together so that I can get some weaving done. So I best get back to doing some weaving and biggest thing not to forget my pass word again.

No comments:

Post a Comment