Thursday, April 7, 2016

New product handwoven baby bibs

This last week I have been weaving up a storm. The weather last week was not the best rain heavy at times so I stayed in my studio working on weaving fabric. Yes just fabric with no intension of what the fabric would become.

Most of the time I set out with weaving fabric that when finished will grow into something and today they grew into baby bibs.
I was rather pleased with how they looked when done. I backed them with a water proof fabric so that when the cotton had absorbed all it could from being used there was no way that the babies clothes would become wet.

I have a friend that has taken a couple home for his little one to try out and test them for me. So hoping that I get some good feed back . The pattern was my own. I know a bib was not a hard pattern , mind it was one of my easiest ones that I have done.

I want to make sure that the bib is a good fit around the babies neck as well as a good amount of fabric that will cover the babies clothes. I used bias tape around the neck line and also for tying it on. I don't like Velcro or snaps when it comes to closures on bibs. Snaps have defined sizes and not all babies are the same. Velcro tape collects fibers and gets messy. So my chose was bias tape. I am trying to source a thin cotton twill tape, but for right now bias will do.

Tomorrow I will sew some more bibs. I shared them with a few groups on facebook for sale and so I will make more tomorrow.
After that I will make up a new warp and dress my loom.
I am still waiting for my sample card binder to come in so that I can work out what fibers I want to bring into my studio for both myself and customers.

It is kind of sad if you saw my fiber stash for weaving. colors are limited with how many I have of each and some I have non. Mostly I would say I have not a lot to inspire me, so I will have to see what I can come up with.

Well best get some beauty sleep or I will be using match sticks in the morning to keep my eyes open lol

No comments:

Post a Comment