Wednesday, April 13, 2016

What are you weaving lol

Yesterday I made a warp up, not super long just 6 meters. I posted the picture on my facebook page and also my Woven Dreams Fiber Arts Studio facebook and got asked what are you weaving on my personal one a couple of times.

So I said I am weaving fabric lol of course what else could it possibly be. I mean you have 602 threads in the warp and sett at 20 ends per inch E.P.I

I know what it will turn out to be, a ring sling, diaper bag, two bibs and two diaper covers. Hoping to have enough for a changing pad as well. All matching.................but you know that is me today.

I mean my last warp was going to be something else as well, you know after it had been woven into fabric and I changed my mind making baby bibs.

I truly believe that I follow my heart with what I am making. Something pleasing to the eye as well as functional. In the end fabric is just that fabric, no matter if you went to the store to buy it or you spend hours weaving it, it is just fabric. One person may like it and others may not. You only need that one person other than yourself that that wants to buy it.

Selling my hand woven is still a new concept to me I have woven for the last 14 years and have given my woven items as gifts mostly. I will still give them as gifts, but also want to be able to sell enough to supply hay for my animals.

Oh yes one addiction to pay for another addiction. I love my goats all 15 of them, 2 sheep , 1 donkey and my horse.
This week started off bad I had to have my llama put to sleep, all because of an eye, damaged and beyond repair. My elderly llama would not have faired well in an operation, so she was put to sleep and she died in my arms. I felt her last breath on my face.  I miss her already, there is a hole in my flock of animals.

I think next week I will find out one of her fleeces and start to spin it. She had beautiful red brown fiber. R.I.P Trick or treat my dear girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment